Maybelline vivid matte liquid lipsticks review


 Hi, everyone, welcome back to another blog post (hurray) Today, I wanted to share these new beauties - Maybelline vivid matte liquid lipsticks! They are new to Maybelline and I think they are pretty fab. You can get them for 4.99 at Boots, currently, on offer so get them quick! 

I have bought the colours 25 orange shot and 45 possessed plum. I love both of these colours they just stood right out to me. I normally go for the ordinary nude lippy but I wanted to stray out of my comfort zone with these bold colours. They have a few colours ranging from nude to bright and bold! There's honestly a colour for everyone and the formulation is perfect.

Bright colours, can often be very difficult to apply, am I right? These are honestly so smooth and easy; they literally glide on. I totally recommend these to everyone!

Common questions answered

What's the staying power like? The staying power is really good. I have tested them through everything - eating and drinking. They can actually be tough to get off, so no worries of them budging, that's for sure.

Do the dry the lips out? Now, remember these lipsticks are matte, so they can be a little drying to the lips. I recommend to prep the lips with a lip balm beforehand. To be honest, though, I haven't had any dryness from these lipsticks and I haven't been using lip balm so it all depends on the person.

Are they worth buying? Keeping it short and sweet - yes they are 100% worth buying for such a cheap drugstore product they are brilliant. These lipsticks have replaced my much beloved Mac lipsticks!




 Left:  possessed plum   
Right: Orange shot

 Here I am wearing Possessed plum, such a gorgeous shade. This is definitely a shade Kourtney Kardashian would wear and it's sort of a dupe for the Kylie cosmetics Kourt K lipstick!



Close up of possessed plum.


Here, I am wearing orange shot which happens to be my fave at the moment; I wear it all the time. I never thought I would be one for red lipstick; I never thought I could pull it off, to be honest. This lipstick totally changed my mind on the whole red lipstick game, I just love it. The orange/red tone is so pretty and I just can't stop wearing it.


Close up of orange shot.


So, that's all for now. Let me know if you would try these lipsticks in the comments.
See you soon!

Love,
Lauren
x

No comments